THE INSTITUTE FOR INFORMATIONAL METAPHYSICS AT A GLANCE
The Institute for Informational Metaphysics is a newly established fledgling research institute dedicated to the following philosophical and epistemic principles:
- Realist scientific metaphysics
- A naturalistic world view
- Realism about information in nature as extended
- Realism about the physical, computational and algorithmic basis of information, including in nature
- Commitment to the 'informational turn' in philosophy and logic.
- Pragmatism and pluralism about information at theoretic levels of abstraction.
- Science as an informational discipline.
- Positive scientism (Positive scientism is simply a commitment to science as humanity's primary and most important tool for gaining knowledge about the world. It is not to be confused with strong scientism, which is the view that science is our only source of knowledge.)